||China the Beautiful
A forum for readers of chinapage.com
Joined: 29 Jul 2002
|Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:03 pm Post subject: Taiping Heavenly Kingdom (1)
|Taiping Heavenly Kingdom (1)
Taiping Heavely Kingdom (1851AD to 1864AD)
The chronology and the major events
1814AD (January) ==¹Å¼y¤@¤Q¤K¦~¤Q¤G¤ëªì¤Q¤é==
(¥Ò¦§¦~ the year of Jia Shu)
Hong Xiu Quan was born in a Hakka family, at Guan Lu Bu village in the county
of Hua of Guangdong province
1836AD==¹D¥ú¤@¤Q¤»¦~==(¤þ¥Ó¦~ the year of Bing Shen)
Hong Xiu Quan established the Three Dots Society.
In Guangzhou city Revs. Robert Morrison and Priest Liang Fa gave Hong Xiu Quan a parcel of books consisting of nine small volumes, being a complete set of work entitled [Good words for exhorting the age'
1837AD==¹D¥ú¤@¤Q¤C¦~==(¤B¨»¦~ the year of Ding You)
In the third Month Hong Xiu Quan felt ill and he was in a very feeble state. He was for some time confined to his bed. During this period he had a succeesion of dreams or visions. When he recovered from his sickness Hong Xiu Quan had become a different person.
1843AD==¹D¥ú¤G¤Q¤T¦~, ¬K==(¬Ñ¥f¦~ the year of Gui Mao)
Hong Xiu Quan again attended the public examination at Guangzhou city, the fourth time. For the fourth time he failed the examination. He stayed at home and read the volumes of ¡uGood words for exhorting ¡v. He began to preach the gospel of God. He proclaimed himself to be the younger brother of Jesus. He founded the Association of the Worshippers of God.
1844AD==¹D¥ú¤G¤Q¥|¦~==(¥Ò¨°¦~ the year of Jia Chen)
Hong Xiu Quan and Feng Yun Shan went to the province of Guangxi
to preach the gospel of God, at the village of Ci Gu in Gui county of Guangxi province.
1847AD==¹D¥ú¤G¤Q¤C¦~==(¤B¥¼¦~ the year of Ding Wei)
Hong Xiu Quan went with his younger brother Hong Ren Gan, to Guangzhou to learn Christianity from the American missionary.
1848AD==¹D¥ú¤G¤Q¤K¦~==(¥³¥Ó¦~ the year of Wu Shen)
Hong Xiu Quan was arrested but he was released later.
1850AD==¹D¥ú¤T¤Q¦~==(©°¦§¦~ the year of Geng Shu)
In the sixth Month, Hong Xiu Quan staged an uprising in Jin Tian village in
the county of Gui Ping of Guangxi province. All the fighters bound their hair
up. They captured the city of Zhu Cheng in Guangxi province
1851AD==«wÂ×¤¸¦~==(¨¯¥è¦~ the year of Xin Hai)
(1) ¬x¨q¥þ=«Ê¸¹=¤Ñ¤ý(1814AD to 1864AD)
(2) ·¨¨q²M=«Ê¸¹=ªF¤ý(1820AD to 1856AD)
(3) ¿½´Â¶Q=«Ê¸¹=¦è¤ý(1820AD to 1852AD)
(4) ¶¾¶³¤s=«Ê¸¹=«n¤ý(1822AD to 1852AD)
(5) ³©÷½÷=«Ê¸¹=¥_¤ý(1823AD to 1856AD)
(6) ¥Û¹F¶}=«Ê¸¹=Ál¤ý(1831AD to 1863AD)
(7) ³¯¥É¦¨=«Ê¸¹=^¤ý(1837AD to 1860AD)
( §õ¨q¦¨=«Ê¸¹=©¾¤ý (1823AD to 1864AD)
In the first Month, Hong Xiu Quan proclaimed that he was the King of Tai Ping or the King of Great Peace. In the intercalary eighth Month, he entered the city of Yong An in the province of Guangxi (¼s¦è¬Ù). He established the Kingdom of Heavenly Peace or Taiping Tian Guo and proclaimed that he was the Heavenly King.
The followings were the Fraternity Kings:
(1) Hong Xiu Quan. (1814AD to 1864AD), the Heavenly King
(2) Yang Xiu Qing.. (1820AD to 1856AD), the Eastern King
(3) Xiao Chao Gui. (1820AD to 1852AD), the Western King
(4) Feng Yun Shan. (1822AD to 1852AD), the Southern King
(5) Wei Chang Hui. (1823AD to 1856AD), the Northern King
(6) Shi Da Kai....... .(1831AD to 1863AD), the Assistant King
(7) Chen Yu Cheng (1837AD to 1860AD), the Superior King
( Li Xiu Cheng.....(1823 AD to 1864AD), the Loyal King.
The major regulations proclaimed by the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom.
(A) On Policy
(1) The Heavenly regulaions: All the lands in the country belong to the Government. When lands are allocated to the tillers they should be of any differennce between male and female.
(2) All war booties belong to the public and should be distributed equally according to the rank of the fighter.
(3) To encourage on an equality with male and female. Females are allowed to sit for the public examinations and they are allowed to join the army and to become officers.
(4) Abolish the trading of marriages; forbid the buying of concubines and protitutes;
forbid the selling of maids.
(B) On Trade:
(1) Allow businessmen to trade with foreign countires.
(2) Selling opium is forbidden
(1) Destroy the temples and disllow worshipping divine spirits
(2) Forbid foot-bidding for girls
(3) Disallow ancestry worshipping and the honouring of Confucius and Mencius
1852AD==«wÂ×¤G¦~==(¤Ð¤l¦~ the year of Ren Zi)
In the fourth Month, the Taiping Army captured Quan Zhou in Guangxi province.
Feng Yun Shan, the Southern King was killed by Jiang Zhong Yuan, the county magistrate of Xiang Jiang in Hunan province. In the eighth Month, Xiao Chao Gui,
the Western King was killed in the battle in the city of Changsha in Hunan province. [Note: Xiao Chao Gui was the husband of Hong Xuan Jiao ¬x«Å¼b, the younger sister of Hong Xiu Quan). Zuo Zong Tang was sent by the Qing Authority to defend the city of Changsha. In the eleventh Month, the Taiping Army occupied the city in Han Yang in Hubei province.
1853AD==«wÂ×¤T¦~==(¬Ñ¤¡¦~ the year of Gui Chou)
In the first Month, the Taiping Army captured Wu Chang in Hubei province.
In the second Month, the Taiping Army occupied the city of Jin Ling (the present day of Nanjing city in Jiangsu province). The Taipings decided that Jin Ling was to be their capital. Jin Ling was renamed to Tian Jing (¤Ñ¨Ê or the Heavenly Capital)
A strong expeditionary Taiping Army under the command of Lin Feng Xiang and Li Kai Fang were ordered to conquer the northern part of the country. Feng Yang was captured in the fourth Month. Zeng Guo Fan, a Hakka scholar from Hunan province was ordered by the Qing Authority to organize a Hunanese army to fight the Taiping. The Taiping Heavenly Kingdom issued their own currency. A secret society by the name of "Little Knives" occupied the city of Shanghai. In the nineth Month, the Taiping Army had reached near Beijing, the Qing capital and the Taiping Army were attacking the harbour city of Tian Jin. However, the Taiping Army were stopped by the Qing Army under the command of Sengge Linqin. In tenth Month, Jiang Zhong Yuan expelled the Taiping army from the province of Hubei. In the twelfth Month, the Taiping Army captured the city of Lu Zhou and Jiang Zhong Yuan was killed in the battle.
A credential from the Kingdom of Heavenly Peace was to be presented to the President of the U.S.A. by Hong Ren Gan, the younger brother of Hong Xiu Quan.
¤¤°ê³q¥v (Zhong Guo Tong Shi)
©P¨¦«°µÛ (By Zhou Gu Cheng)
¬x¨q¥þºt¸q (Hong Xiu Quan Yan Yi)
¶À¤p°tµÛ (By Huang Xiao Pei)
CHUNG Yoon-Ngan (¾G¥Ã¤¸)
All rights reserved 2002
Joined: 04 Mar 2003
Location: PR China
|Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:54 am Post subject:
|Oh,that's one of the most bloody wars happened in China,estimated 70million people were killed or injured.
Joined: 10 Aug 2003
|Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:09 pm Post subject:
|I also recommend Jonathan Spence's book "God's Chinese Son." It's an amazing story.
||All times are GMT - 3 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group